Synonym: Calcium β-hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate
Molecular formula: C10H18O6Ca.H2O
Molecular weight: 292
Appearance: white powder
Specification: ≥ 98%
HMBCa is the abbreviation of calcium β-hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate which is widely present in plants and animals, such as alfalfa, grapefruit and catfish.
HMB is an intermediate metabolite of the essential amino acid leucine, and the human body can also produce a small amount of HMB. With normal diet, the human body can produce about 300 to 400 mg per day, 90% of which comes from the catabolism of leucine.
Toxicological studies have proven the safety of HMB, and no adverse reaction have been detected. A large number of clinical studies have been conducted on HMB, and no side effect of HMB has been reported so far.
In commercial production, HMB is often converted to calcium salts during synthesis to facilitate storage and usage. HMB calcium is white powder with a slightly pungent taste and good fluidity; it is soluble in water, weakly alkaline in aqueous solution, and has slight bitter taste in aqueous solution.
1. HMBCa can activate the mTOR-like pathway and increase IGF-1 expression in mammals, thus increasing muscle protein synthesis;
2. HMBCa inhibits the expression and activity of the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway and also the muscle protein degradation;
3. HMBCa reduces the muscle protein degradation by reducing the caspase activity and reducing apoptosis during catabolism;
4. HMBCa reduces chronic inflammation throughout the body; and
5. HMBCa increases the satellite cell activity and enhances the muscle regeneration capacity.
Dosage: no more than 3 g/day
25 kg export-grade cardboard barrels as outer package; double-layer food-grade plastic bag as inner package
Shipped by air, by sea and by express.
+86 29 8832 8887
+86 137 5996 2312
Room 1007, Block B, Huixin IBC, No. 1 Zhangbayi Road, Xi'an, Shaanxi Province
Tel.: +86 29 8832 8887
Mob.: +86 137 5996 2312
Add.: Room 1007, Block B, Huixin IBC, No. 1 Zhangbayi Road, Xi'an, Shaanxi Province
Request a Quote